Sunday, June 28, 2009

~A Stranger In My Life~

Sometimes I look at you and smile
With the thoughts of you, being mine..

Sometimes I look at you and cry
With the thoughts of loss, being wild..

You once told me
how there always was a return
for the true love that we yield..

Under your twisted words
I didn't know what was right or wrong
Or I pretended not to know..

The trust, the love, & the cherish
I gave to you in vain
Naively thinking I knew you like insane..

Now you say the same words
And I recalled the words you said
But they don't quite sound the same..

I look at you
Neither can I smile nor cry
Yet I see and feel an eternal darkness..

After everything I gave up for you,
A cruel intention that you had for me
Was to wonder who was sitting next to me..

And I heard myself whisper,
"A stranger in my life."

No comments:

Post a Comment